Sunday, July 5, 2009

My Everyday

It’s nice to live in our house. As I am writing this entry, everyone is already busy starting the day. We have just finished sharing breakfast. My son is now enjoying his morning Disney program, my titas are tending the garden and are now fussing over what’s the menu for lunch. My side-kick, Lani, is now doing the dishes and I am in front of my laptop blabbing about what everyone has been doing.

I am living in a traditional suburban house that has survived typhoons and volcanic eruptions. Here, I have grown from a child to a rebel teenager carrying all the hate in this world. However, all that phase has passed and I have learned to appreciate that my life is more fulfilling here in the province. I am surrounded by the people who love me and care for me as I do to them, that’s why.

Every time I forgot taking my vitamins, my Tita Rose will sure remind me to take the pill before I go out for school. If I am staying up late ‘till dawn working and typing on my laptop, there is my Tita Vicky to recite all the possible health effects of what I am doing to myself. And there is my Tita Lyd to ask me to get her pension every month, offering to shoulder my transpo fee and snack for the day in doing so (although I am not taking advantage of the offer). Of course, there is Papa. Every time I have a broken window, broken umbrella and broken everything even if it means tinkering all day clueless of what the damage could be, he just always try to do what he can to fix my things, fix NJ's toys and fix everything in the house.

As you can see, every one of us is interdependent. We have our different roles and these roles complement one another. We get along well as most families do. We may not share the same beliefs about religion, celebrities or national issues, but that’s what makes us love one another. Some may say I have a dysfunctional family, but I say “it’s the only family I got and will ever love”. How can I possibly have survived life without these people? We may not be the rich one, the religious one or the popular one but we are the one who never leaves anyone of us behind. We are the one family that lives everyday serving our own masters than serving what others expect of us. That’s how I become a no-nonsense gal.

I just wanted to start the week saying I love my family and that every day, I am getting more convinced that even if I failed to give my son the family I have been dreaming for him, I know that the family we have will suffice. The family we have love us dearly, so what am I to worry about? It may not be ideal but it can give him the perfect environment to understand the world in a wider perspective. I want to raise him as a person who thinks, reasons and battles with life…someone who is not used to perfection so he can see beauty and love under any circumstance…as I am with my life right now.

0 comments: