Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm a Survivor


We all are survivors in our own little battles in life. Sometimes, you thought you already lost it all, but later on you realize that whatever is lost paved way for more beautiful things in your life to happen. At first, you thought that your world has already crumbled, but in the end you realize that losing battles is sometimes necessary to turn you to directions where you will be so much better. I once wrote in my journal that I am in nowhere special. I was nowhere to the special place where I felt I would be happy and complete. I was not even in the place where I intended to be…but God put me in a place that is much more meaningful for it made me rethink about my direction and decisions in life.

The road to the place where I am now is not easy. There were tears, there was desperation and there was pain. I have endured so much but it seems that those were not enough to make me become the person that God sees me to be. Perhaps he wanted me to soften up and just be human. I have been so blindsided by so many things in life that I overlooked the little things and the little people that made me feel important and well-loved.

My experiences led me to people who appreciate me as I appreciate them. It led me to an inspiration that I never thought I would ever have at this point of my life. My experience made me realize that life has more things in store for me. I have a lot of things going on in my life, but they are all really making me happier every day. I have closed my doors once, now I am more open to what else is there to surprise me.

God, I will be looking forward to more of your surprises for it made me saner and gave my life better purpose. Perhaps You are preparing me for my Mr. Right and the road to HIM surely is not easy. But till the time I finally met him, I thank you for guiding me through the pain and despair. It is YOU that I wanted to thank for all the strength that I have discovered I have. Thank you for washing away the anger in me, thank you for giving me a stronger heart to understand and somewhat learn to forgive. Now I will be ready to take on any challenge you will throw at me because I know it is Your way of leading me to the place where You will allow me to put my life’s pieces together and finally make me whole and happy.

0 comments: