Saturday, July 11, 2009

Making a Mess of the King


I have read somewhere that Ashley Simpson's managing team is cooking up a project where she is supposed to record her own version of some select Michael Jackson songs. Oh please. Don't make me roll my eyes. Is it not enough that people have been hounding and riding on with the hype and controversies of The King's death. though he may not deserve our respects, at least respect the legacy he has left behind. Honestly, I don't see any future for Ashley's singing career. In her first album, I though she was cute in "pieces of me" but after a while of listening to her (uhumm) voice, I don't see anything special in it but she goods look on the stage. (remember the lip synching bust during one of her performances). Her management team must think of something to make her do, put her in projects where she would not die trying so hard to be...because when stepping up to Michael Jackson's caliber as per singing, I feel she will make a mess out of the King's legacy in music. She's got the Melrose Place knockoff already, give that young mother a break and give her projects that will not embarrass her much.

0 comments: