Thursday, September 24, 2009

On Happy Endings

"I've stopped believing in happy endings. I've started believing in good days. At the end of my movie, there's honesty. There's truth. There's peace. What tomorrow will bring is still in question. There is a joy that's earned by failure or triumph. All those things add up to teach us, if we are open to it."
-DREW BARRYMORE

Though everyone might not agree, Drew is just one of the great Hollywood faces that actually have a brain. To me, she’s no plastic. She only gets dolled up when she is to promote a movie. When she is out with her friends, she is always photographed donning street fashion, which pretty much says, “To hell with what people think, I feel great!”

I really appreciate this quote from her. It’s really honest. The world has seen her stumble and go-down-spiral due to her drug addiction, but she came out beautifully as a great actress and movie producer. What the heck, she’s got all these personal problems and issues yet she is out there making romantic comedies, convincing people to put hope with love and life, ideals that she seem to be cynical about.

This is the person I should relate to. There's no point dreaming and hoping for what my happy ending would be like. All I know is that it comes with a great deal of work. If life is a book, this chapter of my life would be the "getting by" chapter...taking things slow just this time. In my own time, everything will be fine.

0 comments: