Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Already Gone


Remember all the things we wanted
Now all our memories, they're haunted
Seems to me, we were meant to say goodbye
Even with our fists held high
It never would've worked out right

We were never meant for do or die
We were never meant for forever, it’s a lie.
I didn't want us to burn out, so rules were never set
You came and went; I stayed with your mess
I didn't come into your life; you came to mine and for what?

So many times, you made me hate you but I dared not complain
Because I feared I would lost you if I do
You said you got the most respect for me
But why caused me tears and despair?
Still you walked away and left me wondering what made me do all that for you...

Looking at you made things easier
I know that you found another
Again, as always, I stayed with your mess
Nothing’s changed, nothing’s earned, nothing’s lost

I want you to know you couldn't have loved me better
Because then I realized, all the love wasn't enough to grow fonder
I want you to know that it doesn't matter
As we take this road, somehow someone's gotta go
I want you to move on, so I'm already gone

It all started with a perfect kiss,
Even then, I felt the illusion set in
but perfect couldn't keep our love alive
You know that I loved you so, I LOVED you and I love you enough to let you go

Someone’s gotta give
Someone’s gotta go
This time, I’ll go
And who’s to give? I know…

0 comments: