Tuesday, March 30, 2010

High School Reunion Coming Up


My high school reunion is coming up…I do admit that I am a little anxious about meeting my batch mates. But then again, I realized what reunions are meant for. It is for bonding. It is a time to recall the awkward moments of your high school life. To some, it might be an opportunity to relive the few glorious years in their life. To some, it is a time to meet their old flame. To some, it is the time to catch up with dear high school friends, whom they have shared their key moments like first date, first boyfriend, first heartache and first everything. To me, I see it as an opportunity to rediscover myself.

After high school, I have been quite a lost soul. Yes I did make good grades and placed myself in a reputable school but nothing seemed to work. The thing is, I was just deeply lost and I don’t know where to turn to during those times. So what happened is kind of predictable. I messed up my life.

I enlisted the wrong course. I fell in love with the wrong person. I had an untimely pregnancy and until now, I am making up for all those mistakes. But then, if those things did not happen, I would never be the focused person that I am today. I will never be this secure woman who is slowly forgiving herself for having all things wrong in her life, the woman who knows what she wants and how to get those wants.

So enough of the whining, I am coming to this reunion to meet old friends, meet new people and just be confident of what I have become. One thing I am never good at is pretending that I am something other than myself...so no choice, I have to deal with that. I admit, the feeling of anticipation and anxiety is a little bit unnerving. But I can live with that. For now, I am putting my head out on what I should wear to at least be decent for the occasion…’till then.

1 comments:

wendastarr said...

Thank you for reading...will check the site you recommended.