Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Free to Love

Being free of the past is something that most people struggle achieving. It is never an easy thing to come to terms with. When all the hurt has run its course, what results is a feeling of freedom from everything that made you miserable for so long.

It’s been a year since the roller coaster ride of emotions and unwelcome thoughts flooded my being. The realization of truth in your life is something that will always catch you off guard. But though the truth may have caused you everything you have built and dreamed of having, it made you a better person despite of all the pain. It made you discover some parts of your life that you never thought you were capable of doing…or never thought of forgiving.

Love is a strong word that most people use for the most trivial things. Because of that, it becomes tarnished by all worldly meaning…with which it loses its essence. Once, I have seen love as a pure emotion, something that must never be called upon until finally realized. Now, even with all the pain it has brought me, I am glad that the word still remains pure in my heart.

Love, I will find it in my own time. With its different facets, I will survive the spontaneity of life. I would rather have it pure than just come in passing. I would rather not have it all, than just having it played with. My heart has grown resilient and I still welcome love in its forms. I am not afraid anymore. I am not lurking anymore. I am not moping anymore. I am free at last. My heart is open to see the world in a different light.

0 comments: