Monday, March 22, 2010

For Sandra


I love Sandra Bullock more than Angelina Jolie. I relate more to her simplicity and easygoing personality. I have also watched more Sandra movies than Angelina, most of which are relatable and oddly in parallel with my life. And so I was too glad that she won this year’s best actress award in the recently concluded Oscars event.

But after the news of Sandra Bullock’s big win in the Oscars, the devastating news hits Hollywood about the alleged affair between Jesse James, Sandra’s husband, and a trashy tattoo model. I just thought all is well with this celebrity couple. They seemed to be well meshed. Sandra even insists on mothering Jesse’s daughter from his first wife. And she really went low profile for a while to be more focused on her married life. In one interview, I even remember her saying a line that resembles the message, “marriage is overrated”. But having met Jesse, seemed like she had all her views changed. It really takes something for a man to change a woman’s view, especially her view on marriage. In the past, I remember Sandra saying that she might not even get married…but she did. But what could have turned him into this?

Now, this thing happens. I am so not the person to throw judgment but then, what happened only made me cynical about marriage. What’s kind of the point now? If everyone can’t even love and be loved enough to stay loyal, then what’s kind of the point in saying those cliché taken vows.

Good thing this happened amidst a momentous event in Sandra’s life, but the pain simmers down to those who were done such in the downest deepest struggling points of their lives. At least she has her Oscar trophy to sleep by. Perhaps this calls for a little adjustment on one’s perspective. I just don’t know what to make of marriages at all. All I see about it is anything but commitment, trust, honesty and emotional security, which are supposed to be the very foundations of it.

I just don’t know what to make of it.

I am so sorry for Sandra. But I believe everything happens for a reason…and so they shall be revealed in time.

0 comments: