Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Love of a Good Woman

Maybe I am one of those writers who opt to write the content first before the title. However, coming across this title, “the love of a good woman”, I can’t help but feel sadness wash over me. I don’t know but perhaps because I see sadness in including the phrase ‘good woman’, whatever does it mean? What does it need or aim to prove.

“Every woman gets the exact love life, good or bad, that she wants.”

At first, my mind refused to believe this outlook. It hated it because it made me look like an idiot. I mean, do I choose to be stood up, thrashed and be played a fool? Is that it? Did I ever choose that? That even if I bleed myself to death to carry on and do my part, that it’s my choice that I end up failing?

But then, later on, I realized it has got a good point. Besides law of attraction, women in this culture is trained and raised to play the part of a doe-eyed loser in the game of love…she is trained to salvage what is already not savable, stick to a man that is not worth it, and feel mercilessly thrashed when left used and taken as a doormat that came in passing for a quick fix of a need. She is trained to be patient, be kind and all that bullshit. But never did this culture train any woman how to cope with being hurt and used. No one even stood up what happens to those who have been left behind. They end up thinking that they are used, that no one will ever take them after some men have trashed their dignity and name aside. They believe that they are not that eligible of simple compassion or even a fair chance at love. Though even under the circumstance, they did not cause any of the harm and disaster that befell their honor, they are still left and seen as the ones to blame. The fool who fell for the greatest fools of all, men who lacked the balls to be man enough for them.

Going back to the intriguing line, it made me realize that if a woman’s definition of entitlement is ending up with people who abuse them more and hurt them more for they believe that that’s what they deserve and that’s what they settle for, that’s what they get. Sometimes, we need to reevaluate ourselves and the things we settle for in this life. I may be a bitch but I owe it to myself to give it the best. The best of the best. Why? Who else will ever do that for me? My definition of best is not happy endings at love but a full life with a healthy personal relationship with my family, friends and especially my son. My best is leaving room for life’s inspirations, people who make me feel special and people that continuously believe in what I am and what I do…why? Because they are the only ones worth fighting for.

Every day is my happy ending. I give it my all. If the line says I have the exact love affair I have, maybe because this simple life is what I settle for, no room for failure and no more room for fools who threaten the simple joys I have with life. Love is just love. So is love affair. If it’ll come, it’ll come

0 comments: