Friday, October 16, 2009

Just Another Single Parenting Dilemma


With only three exams to go, I am all ready to succumb to the fatigue that’s creeping up my spine. This semester is really tiring or trying. Enrolling 29 academics is no joke especially when you have a lot of other things to take care of. But the thing is, only three exams to go and I am done with this semester, fairly with enough honor.

This coming semester, I am planning to get a lot less load than I intend to. I realized, I am only meeting my son through Sundays. I just feel so guilty that no other person can convince him to study his lessons and at least try writing down ‘new’ letters, letters of the alphabet that is new to him, but me. Even with his teachers, he seldom tries. My dilemma is that I have school and I have my deadlines to deal with and I only have part of my Sundays with him. That is the only day that I am actually taking care of him, and still I am working during Sundays. I am all twisted inside that I can't do everything that I need to do, especially for my son. I am but only one person. It kills me that I can't do enough to make this situation work. It's just that I know what to do and how to do it, but sometimes my body exerts all its energy to exhaustion so it unfailingly gives up. And as I was thinking of how to do these and that, then I realized, what day do I set aside for taking care of ME? or even, do I take care of ME enough?

Life is really hard especially when you are a single parent. NO MONEY CAN COMPENSATE FOR THE HARDSHIPS AND THE WEIGHT OF RESPONSIBILITY THAT IS BESTOWED UPON THEM. Money is dispensable. Responsibility isn’t. You can always earn money, but when you turn back to your responsibilities, you simply lose your worth as a parent and as a person. Whatever your reason is for doing so, YOU ARE SIMPLY FULL OF SHIT!

0 comments: