Saturday, March 21, 2009

Mother and Son time by the Beach


I woke up early this morning, grabbed a cup of joe and went to the beach with my son. Boy, the beach was so peaceful, there were already a few early joggers and elderly who are breathing in the fresh sea breeze when we came to the shore.

NJ took advantage of the cool rippling waters, which were surprisingly clear from the garbage that used to be a common eye sore during these times because of the growing community of squatters living by the shore. He had seen the early batches of passengers riding the motor boat going to and from the port. He had seen a fisherman trying out his luck fishing a bit late in daylight.

Boy this day is so peaceful, the scene of my son playing by the shore donning his swimming trunks and looks so happy and satisfied with his antics under and on water made me loosen up involuntarily. My 3-day headache and chronic stiff neck seemed to automatically disappear. I love mornings like these. Life seems so simple, quiet and neat. Seeing through his smiles and giggles just simplifies all the queries I have. It just convinces me that there is actually nothing to worry about, we are together and all is well.

When I get too uptight about anything, what I do is look into the eyes of my son and everything feels alright. Everything feels a little bit simpler and all my problems seem to become unnecessary. If only the adult world could be simpler as it is for the young ones. Still, I do have some growing up to do to break free from such a dreamy illusion.

0 comments: