Thursday, March 26, 2009

Coming to Los Baños


My sister called me last night and invited me to come to Laguna for a vacation. Being the ‘spur of the moment’ gal that I am, I immediately said yes and went on planning everything the fun stuff that me and my son should bring to Laguna. I am so missing the buko pie that I used to neglect when I was living there. Also, I am missing the blue lambanog that me and my barkadas used to share. I missed the university I have spent four years on, my experiences in Los Baños will never be forgotten. For one thing, it is where I have spent my messed up years. While there are the glory days, the place also bears witness to my shame… It is an irony that I am looking forward to coming to the place, and of all reason, to spend vacation. I long walk down the sidewalks that I used to thread to and from attending classes. I missed going for the jeepney rides which took me from the engineering department to the humanities building, my favorite building in the university.

I am looking forward to bringing my son to the university and show him were Mama used to study. I will bring him to the famous Oblation and freedom park. With any luck, I may bump into some old friends and once again relieve the years when we were in plain jeans, shirt and slippers, messing up everything in our lives, sharing problems that used to mean the end of our world, and introduce them to the only person who managed to straightened me up, my son.

It’s actually a nice place. It gave me the opportunity to make something out of my life, it actually did. I learned so many valuable things in that place. It’s like an old friend. Coming back to Laguna will definitely be filled with hellos and more time to spend on my writing… my sister promised to do the babysitting, all she had was two beautiful daughters and was longing for a son, just the perfect diversion for my active and energetic NJ (wink wink!)

0 comments: