Sunday, January 31, 2010

Movie Weekend Ticket

I just got all mushy when I watched two very meaningful films last night. One was “Love Happens” by Jennifer Aniston and Aaron Eckhart and the “Time Traveler’s Wife” with Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana.

“Love Happens” to me was a self help book that is injected into a movie. It is about a self-help book author that now expands his book through seminars that caters to people who are dealing with loss due to death of someone they value in their lives. I even got the quote about lemons from this movie and though I am not a fan of this love story, I am a fan of his fictitious A-Okay book… especially the chapter that mentions about the lemons. Another thing is the one that he demonstrated two different perspectives of live, one that is filled with honks, traffic noise and heat and chaos and the other which is more serene, peaceful and beautiful. That convinced me that no matter what we deal in life, there are only two sides to look at it. Though anything can always get to worse, it wouldn’t harm if we try to choose the better view right? So I am making that beautiful view my personal template. Another thing is that no matter how hard times could be, when you wake up, spend time at least five minutes to smile. Just do nothing, just smile. Eventually, it will come naturally with an attitude that will allow you to survive the day beautifully.

Now on the other movie, the “Time Traveler’s Wife” my sister cried towards the end of the movie. Me? Nah! Can’t relate to it now…well, who am I kidding? Feeding the still bitter half of my heart, it just convinces me more that love is almost always not enough. It’s just sad to see a true love that ended badly, but everything works out for the best. And that I truly believe so. It’s just a classic story of why do all good things come to an end, no matter how people prevent it and no matter how people will it not to happen. It’s life, it makes its own path, own rules, which all of us spend a lifetime figuring out.

0 comments: