Monday, January 28, 2008

When Sh*t Happens







I’ve read somewhere that to minimize the stresses in life; you must perceive your own life as an everyday challenge. This way, every struggle will be faced with enthusiasm and not with disdain and complains. Whining about every problem that comes our way will not make everything better. In fact, it leads us to thinking that life is a burden. To me, life is as spontaneous as it can be. No means of control or planning could prepare us to whatever is at stake in the future. Truly, it will be a big surprise. Sometimes, the bleakness of your situation now can open certain possibilities that could lead you to your own happy ending. And even the slightest mistake could lead us back to deep dark moments of our life only to learn over and over the things that we refuse to accept. When situations play with our emotions, we have to take a grip of our initial reactions for bad things might root from them. Our only job is to take a breather when everything seems to close in so we could face issues one step at a time.

As cynical as it may be, freaks like I am always believed that we can steer everything our lives. But the thing is, it truly helps to accept that there are things bigger than us, bigger than anything we have come to believe. We are often placed in situations that seem to have happened in the past only to make us feel that we are plain mortals…we have no control whatsoever to whomever or to everything that might come and go. Things could fade right before our eyes and we must be strong enough to bear with the agony of finally yielding into certain philosophies that we once found stupid, unimportant, and untrue.

It helps that we have families that will always receive and accept our faults, mistakes, and lashed out nonsense whenever we stumble and fall. It’s comforting to think that we can pray for strength and guidance in everything we face. But the truth is we are the ones that will bend, change, and be hurt over and over again so before we think of others, we must reflect deep into our souls to really know what we are made of. Make ourselves whole again. Because as harsh as life can be, we are the only ones who can really treat ourselves the way we deserve to be treated.

This is what I believe right now and this is the way things are gonna be in my life. Selfish as I can be, I will never settle for things that are temporary and things with conditions. I now know what I am worth and I will be damned if I don’t get what I want this way. This is how I make things simple. This is how my life is. This defines my happiness. And I don’t know if things will stay like this. But I still have hopes that whatever will strike me again, I will be armed this time with courage and strength that time and mistakes have forged and molded me to be. Thank God for bearing with me all those times that I have stayed too long in the emotional circus I have come to call “life”.

0 comments: