Thursday, January 24, 2008

in time for valentine season

Photobucket

"the painted veil"

my lightning round of reviews would be:
Touching and maturely riveted love story
Excellent cinematography
Surprisingly romantic settings (at the middle of a cholera outbreak)

Deeply engaging script:
Every line encompasses emotions
Meaningful passages and more

“I knew when I married you, you where selfish and spoiled…but I love you. I know you married me to get as far away from your mother as possible, and I hope that one day, there will be something more…”

“Duty is only washing your hands when they are dirty…but when love and duty is one, then grace is within you.”

Cholera is quite an honest metaphor to pertain the reality of one’s struggles in love.

Utterly depressing but nevertheless, it was quite a tasteful tale of finding their way to realizing that love is pure and love is selfless, and love lasts.
Because in love
There are no known faults
There is nothing to forgive
No hate lasts
No barrier is left standing
With boundless of possibilities
Love basically conquers every reason just to make it happen
Love finds its way to draw people
Into their destiny

For a long time, I have never seen a meaningful movie such as this one. Letting myself be immersed into this honest and remarkable love story has made me realize that everything I know about life and love was shallow, much to my surprise. This movie proves that they are much deeper than that.

To this age where senseless gore and feel-good movies thrive, this is definitely a must-see. I can’t speak more other than I really love this movie.

LUvv it!!

0 comments: