Wednesday, January 30, 2008

thoughts of seclusion





Do you clearly see this picture, this is what seclusion means to me. bright clear sunshine within sight but out of reach...
I think of myself as this mound of land sometimes. Grounded yet unstable. Tall but inadequate. Emptiness that needs to be filled...landscape that needs to be developed with value that is yet to be determined.

Lost, proud, unsure, and hopeful.

In the past, I endured sufferings, loneliness, and deep self-disappointments. I was so confused and I tried to settle things by my self as I was convinced that I am too good to handle everything that comes my way. God has His own ways to make you think differently about yourself, of bending the self-image you have glorified yourself to be. You will be surprised of what you can do and conquer by asking help and giving one if necessary. Life is a cycle, and so is helping and giving. So when you give nothing, nothing will be replenished. Like blood, like food, like love.

When you are convinced that you are good enough, He disagrees. Because you need to acknowledge the contributions people have given to make you the worst and the best of person you have come to be.

I have come to know that there is nothing wrong and it is never a sign of weakness to admit your faults, ask for help, or ask for guidance when needed.

Rather…

Too much pride and unfitting courage are protective walls that will bring inconsistencies that only promote weakness in every aspect of our lives. They are walls that hinder us from our happiness.

I should know…

0 comments: