Friday, January 18, 2008

early tribute to valentine's day

Since I am in one of my weird moods today, I just wanted to share something real and funny. AskMen.com just given me a great idea about finding the songs to dig in since Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. To men with someone special to spend it with, you’re such in a great luck that still many are crying their hearts out over karaoke stations just to spread their torn hearts to other people who suffers with them (ahem! Loyal friends?!). Even their classic machismo could never keep them from crying or moping over some cheesy songs. Here are few of the bits and pieces I managed to compile out of David Nusair’s article. ( Understandably, I will only discuss those I’m familiar with)

With its infectious and patented feel-good vibe, Bob Marley’s “No woman , No cry” is considered to be one of men’s classic brake-up songs. With its laid-back tempo and optimistic lyrics, men will surely dig its “everything’s gonna be alright” liners.

Next in rank would be Milley Cyrus’ father’s “Achy Breaky Heart”. This one could be an antidote to typically sappy and sad break-up songs. Actually, as corny as it is, this song was used in one of my grade school’s group square dance antics which were coincidentally held in the love month of February. This song is famous for continuously muttering its infectious “Don’t tell my heart, my achy breaky heart. I just don’t think it’d understand” liner throughout the song.

Next stop…give it up for Pantera’s classic goth-angry approach to break-up songs. With their popular song “This love”, men’s if-I-can’t-have-you-nobody-can sentiments was voiced out. Their “I'd kill myself for you, I'd kill you for myself” liner made men rock out a real pissed-off song during their darkest moments in love.

Give it up for the cheesy “I will survive” mania, men also dealt with the same issues women do during break-ups. Boy, we really share some thoughts aye?! Who can forget it’s “I would have made you leave your key/If I'd have known for just one second/You'd be back to bother me” lyrics.

Give it up for his Royal Classic Hotness for making it in this song list. Elvis Presley’s “Always on My Mind” was actually featured in the film “Practical Magic”. The song is basically offers an almost heartbreaking tale of break-up. In belting out an infectious Beatle-ish tune, who can forget it’s “If I made you feel second best/I'm sorry, I was blind” heartfelt regret?!

Old songs really hit home which is why I really dug deeper just to find these popular but old songs. Next on the list would be Fleetwood Mac’s “Go on your way”. It supposedly convinces men to try shouting “If I could/Baby I’d give you my world” to the leaving party to find little consolation on their guilt-stricken faces. It could possibly win her back. If not, we better move on to the top of AskMen.com’s list.

Guns and Roses’ fans? Anyone? The last entry would be a treat. Getting over your breakup while singing and banging along “Back-off Bitch” never fails to evoke the rocker inside most men with its rife and misogynistic lyrics. Who can not fight inward-loathing and self-pity when you can simply shout “Face of an angel with the love of a witch.” to your ex’s face? This could be the meanest break-up song ever to be sung to a girl. It's a good thing though...or is it? Well, if it hurts so much them go on. She'll understand.haha!

Certainly, there will never be a shortage for break-up songs. But nothing could beat the classic ones as they have long been part of tears-and-booze and I’m-ready-to-move-on stages of most people’s lives.

So to those who suffers, nurse some booze, sing along, and make valentine’s day better this year!!!

I hope you enjoy pantera
CHEERS!!
Get this widget | Track details | eSnips Social DNA

0 comments: