Sunday, August 15, 2010

Excuses Excuses


In life, you may complain about simple things like the heat or lengthy commutes. You can throw a fit over things like being ignored by the server in the fast food counter, which made you wait for hours just to grab a “fast” lunch, or just being ignored period. There are times when we get so easily pissed-off  by the most trivial things… like being asked to the nth time “are you okay?” when you are obviously not so let’s get our business done with. Now I know why some people sometimes act like jerks to unknowing bystanders…a nuisance.  But what can we do? We can’t help but feel miserable at times. My reason? I am sick with flu and I can’t beg off work, school or motherhood. At 39-degrees, I still have loads of paperwork and school runs to deal with. Bearing with niceties is real challenge when your headache drives you nuts. So give this woman a break will yah? Perhaps I should wear a shirt, “Beware: Jerk on the Loose!”

0 comments: