Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spread my Wings and Fly


I used to be the one who carry the weight of the world, but suddenly I realized many things that brought more meaning into my life. Now, everything that I have been dreaming of and everything that I wanted to do … I will soon begin to chase them all.

For the longest time, I was always afraid…of failure, of disappointment and of not meeting expectations. Then suddenly I realized that I had the most expectation of myself and that’s what keeps me from forgiving ME in all the wrong decisions I have made. Old memories always bothered me. I long for the happy ones and I loathe the ones who have caused those trying times. I was then so ashamed of everything about myself. I saw nothing to be proud of, nothing to brag about, nothing to even keep my head up and look at people in the eyes. Those times were such a waste. Past is past and the beginning of a much better life starts now. I am starting it now and everything else will be left behind. The past may be past, but it is a piece of my life. It goes with shadows, which I can turn to but will never get to become ever again…I hope.

I used to carry the weight of the world, and now I wanna do is spread my wings and fly” - Chantal Kreviazuk