Monday, April 12, 2010

Persistence


My son should be my model of persistence. Earlier this morning, after his tutoring class, he came home surprisingly very quiet. he laid down his "mall" pants and shirt and shoes, took a shower and put on his underwear, all on his own. He even yanked his towel on the clothesline, all on his own. I did not pay too much attention to what he was doing because I was working with my laptop. He just did and then I was a bit surprised that he suddenly came by my side, tugging my arm. "Mama, I am ready to go to Legazpi." I did not promise him to go out today. He just thought of that, went on his way and just informed me, "Mama we are going to the mall in Legazpi." I was left stunned. He fixed everything himself. He even had my blouse and shorts laid out in my bed. At barely five years old, this little tyrant surprises me everyday, much more NOW.

I was just impressed about his guts. and then I thought, why can't I go like that. Wherever did he get such a commanding attitude when all I wanted is to be invisible for all my life.

0 comments: