Thursday, April 29, 2010

Inspiration


So work tells me to make something inspirational, something that is a tribute for father’s day and parenting. I can do the parenting part but the inspirational and the father’s day tribute would be a challenge. So I promised myself that if I would manage to finish something good out of the two topics, I am definitely one hell of a writer. For one thing, I don’t have a real father figure and I have got the worse and worst examples of fathers in my life so how about that for an inspiration?

In many ways, writing for me is one way of getting into a life that is apart from my own. Being a writer, you can explore the emotions of someone who might be there and is suffering there. If you are living a messed up life, writing about light stuff and happy things creates an escape that allows you to feel better about yourself, even for the slightest bit of moment. The only consolation we have is that we get to live the best and the worst out of life, through experiences or through pure imagination.

As a writer, I am sometimes asked to write about things and ideas that I do not exactly believe in. I am sometimes asked write about things that do not make any sense to me, and make them seem bigger and more important than they actually are. This is forever the challenge that we, writers face each day. But hell, I wouldn’t want any other job anyway.

0 comments: