Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I am Psyched!!!

Guess what my friends…I just met one of Philippine’s finest writer and literature artist today…Ricky Lee lang naman pangalan niya… ang tao sa likod ng obrang “Himala” at kabahagi sa panulat ng mga pelikulang “Madrasta” at “Anak” ng Star Cinema…two of m favorite Filipino movies of all time. He is such a kind person, very down to earth…and so, I went on my panic buying mode, bought his very first novel (Para kay B) and went along the long line of people asking Mr. Lee of Daet, Camarines Sur to personally sign his dedication…talk about first celebrity autograph moments, I went gaga, jaw-dropped and pasted a strain smile, feeling stupid yet very overwhelmed of seeing someone in the flesh who made his mark through literature, my first love…through his encouraging words, I found hope and assurance that in any form, writing surely is driven by passion. He said, no book can ever teach you to write; otherwise, there would be no shortage for good stories…if so, why is there a shortage of good Filipino writers. Perhaps by the word “good”, he means a writer who is actually good and has successfully made an impression to the Filipino readers.

I am not saying that I wanted to become something like him…I wanted to have the spirit he has. He glows with pride of what he does for a living. I wanted to see myself enjoying the fulfillment and the support he obviously earned by doing the thing that he loves the most. That is, creating and webbing stories that are truthful, honest and nothing close to a fairy-tale.

Too bad we do not have brought a camera so I can brag something to you guys...all I have is a free copy of a best-selling Ricky Lee book in my hands...well, that's a better freebie anyway...

0 comments: