Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Just wanted to share an exciting news.


Finally, I have enrolled myself under a college undergraduate program. Though this means tremendous adjustments in my daily routine, little sacrifices must be made to charge little by little towards reaching my ultimate goal…a college diploma. Don’t get me wrong, I have already earned 90% of the required units of my previous college course. However, I felt that I wasn’t fit and driven enough to finish the program. I feel grateful that I was given the chance to finally pursue what I really wanted to do…and that was writing.

Getting a job as a writer was one of the liberating experiences of my life. I never thought of having a career related to writing, not even in my plans. But fate led me to where I am, and I was grateful to have found were my passion lies. Getting the fundamental courses of what I professionally do today would really help me become more confident and effective in what I do. And I am thankful for the chance that I finally made time and effort to pursue what needs to be done.

It’s really difficult to come out of where you have become already comfortable. I’ve already secured a job and a relationship to make me complete. But my ambition of earning a diploma continues to haunt me. Or maybe, I just feel like education is still an unfinished business in my life. But what the heck! I am officially a student now. And that means long hours in Legazpi City and less at home…less with my growing little boy.

I am a bit worried that I might neglect my little boy. But my family (‘d grandpas and grandmas and titas) have already assured me of their assistance, if necessary. I really am lucky to have these people as my family. Always supportive. Always understanding. Anyways, I still have weekends, semestral breaks, Christmas break, vacation break, and holidays to make up, ayt?

Everything I do now is dedicated to Him. He is the force and inspiration in everything that MAMAY does. So what seems to be a problem…anxiety attacks maybe.

Moving on, I really am excited to go back to school. Learning that only 10% of the courses that I have already taken were credited, must I be disheartened? I just see it as a challenge. A fresh start where I can undo my past mistakes. So I’ll just give it a go, from start to finish. Fighting, struggling, and dreaming are the things that define life anyways.

At this point, nothing can stop a struggling, striving and thriving MAMAY anymore.

1 comments:

Phoebe said...

good luck wends. i feel happy that you're determined to finish school in spite of what you've been through. been through that myself, A STUDENT, A MOM, and a WIFE/PARTNER in one..believe me, it's not easy. but you're fortunate than I am because you have your family to support you.

again, good luck. I'm here as well to back you up, any concerns or conflicts on your sched, I'm just a ym away.