Monday, July 26, 2010

No Regrets

I don’t fear losing people in my life no matter how hard I have fought for them. I don’t fear losing everything when pursuing something I believe in. I don’t fear facing an army just to get to where my heart leads me. What I fear is a life of regret that I did not do all those things, and I am stuck in the middle of somewhere with someone that I don’t love, I don’t need and I don’t want.

The ghosts may lurk inside me, but that is all they will ever be, ghosts. They will never rule my life; they will never ruin my life. For a person who has suffered much, I believe that I will have my own time to meet all my heart’s desires. For now, I am working on my resilient heart, who never forgets to remind me that life is all about taking chances. And it is not about winning all the time. It is the courage to see and face where your truth lies. And that’s what ultimately gives my heart all the happiness and freedom I can get out of life.

I have learned to love, to be loved and to let go of that love…love in its true aspects...and the pain and joys that go with it is called life. 

0 comments: