Saturday, July 31, 2010

A Lesson of Respect


I am at peace. I know my place and my purpose in life. I know where life leads me and I know I will get there. My happiness, my joy, I know I deserve them all. I did not harm other people, ruin relations or bypassed any ties that resulted to everything I have. Now sometimes, people may disagree with me or disregard me, but they are part of life. Surely, people will see value in things that I have, and I respect that. I understand they may take from me, but everything that is taken always finds its way back.

In all my years, all I have learned is to give respect to earn respect, through good mature deeds. But while respect is earned, it may be given to those who needed it most. To those who are confused and uninformed, respect is given as they are yet to attain realization of facts and truths about things that relate to my life, to their lives. It is easy to throw blame and pass judgment at me, but they are meaningless to me. All I know is that people get what they deserve. So when opinions strike me or blame is thrown at me, I keep my stand. I may deserve that but I don’t pay much attention, because my respect is given to those who needed be. 

0 comments: