Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Turning Tables

Just when everything seems to be fine and okay, a friend of mine asked me an advice on how will she ever go on since her boyfriend has also cheated her for another girl.

This was really interesting. I honestly don’t know what to say. How can I ever advise someone of a thing that is so difficult, so painful and so utterly disgusting to deal with? I can’t find words to describe how the first few days will be like hell. It would be like contemplating on strangling the necks of the basterds or simply get on with life in a more peaceful way. Or should I say, contemplating on pitying yourself or trying to be as angry as ever, like practically bringing hell as most people would say. No person deserves an experience like this. Nobody. That is for the simple reason that it doesn’t make anything right or that it does not make sense.

Either the other woman is great with sexual favors or in other talents, it’s not enough reason to leave a person hanging right there and be even expected to be faithful as one do such a disgusting act. A person who has been nothing but loyal and devoted certainly does not deserve that kind of treatment, which makes the cheater quite an ass… Thinking that these acts are premeditated, it’s just disgusting to discover a person whom you trusted would do a thing like that to you.

So instead, I offered her two options. It’s either to continue hoping and living with this guy thinking at the back of your mind that he can do that again and that he can hurt you again or a life that is open for other possibilities, including finding someone who will value you for what you truly are. At the beginning, it would be feeling like you got stabbed behind your back. Betrayal is never a good thing. Things will be hard, perhaps the hardest thing you will ever deal in your life. But the thing is, you’ll survive. The question is, when you have already moved on and he saw you are happy in the arms of a better man…can he survive that?

Tables are turned so soon…I feel that I am still not qualified to give an advice on this. But the thing is, I am happy with what I have become out of the experience…and happy with my “exploring life’s possibilities”. I know, she’ll get by…just as I did.

0 comments: