Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Happy Birthday to Moi!

I am thankful for all my experiences in the past year:

I am thankful for all the struggles and hardships I had in raising my son alone because through that, I have discovered more about myself in doing things that are way beyond my limits.

I am thankful for the people surrounding me for all the love and appreciation they have of me being their friend and family.

I am thankful for the job that kept me at my toes from night till dawn till noon to give me money to pay for all my needs, especially my son’s needs. Even if it drains my brain dry, it gives me so much to do, so much to improve and so much to value.

I am thankful for not having problem with money or health this year.

Thank you for my good grades in school, needless to say, it's the reward of all my sleepless nights.

I am thankful for whoever invented or created ‘The Bar’ for he gave me the finest Filipino booze to date.

I am thankful for Marlboro for continually keeping me company through those times I needed to think and analyze my life.

I am thankful for me ex jilting me with this ‘married nurse’ for making me crazy for the big part of the year with these strange combinations of emotions; dealing with those led me to people who made me realize that living a full life does not come with ‘excess baggage’.

I am thankful for you for reading this nonsense birthday entry.

Lastly, I am thankful for my son who, even did not say the right words or did not do all the right things, completed my life.

I know I will have more things to be thankful for. But it would take another year to make me complete another list.
‘till then.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday my friend!!! more blessings...

Phoebe said...

belated happy birthday wends!!! always be happy! God bless!