Thursday, April 30, 2009

My Pending Summer Project


For so many days, I have been complaining about how hot it is and now that a low pressure area is developing into a storm near my location, I tend to look back on the sunny days I used to whine about. Cold rainy days make me realize that the stretch of sunny days is so much better. One thing about sunny 80 degrees days is that it gives me time to plan and re-think about my garden furniture project. Since I have given up planting (‘coz I am better off tending and watering plants than planting), I have decided to re-do our garden set instead. I wanted to invest on few pieces that will make the garden more inviting and more like a retreat in time for the summer season. I want to devote a corner where NJ can play and another corner where I can have my peace and finally finish the paperback I have been holding for 3 months now. With that, I imagine the sunny days, lying outdoors, under a shade, reading a book.

As I looked for design inspiration, I have come across some pictures of the garden settings that complemented the landscape design in Scottsdale AZ. The weather there is kind of similar to my location; clear sunny days, clear starry nights. The furniture were kind of inviting and perfectly designed for sunny weather.
Until this pending storm decides to clear out, I am sticking my hands on some garden work…that is, garden furniture arranging work… Now, I can’t wait to start…

0 comments: