Sunday, April 17, 2011

I did IT!


It was my graduation week. Suddenly, my hopes of finishing my college education came true. All the hard work, long work hours, study periods, cramming periods, tiring days and nights, and time spent away from my son rewarded me with this single sheet of paper called "college diploma". Then suddenly, it hit me... what am I going to do now? Where do I go from here? What things should I pursue now that my ultimate goal has finally been reached. Then it sinked in that I now have to figure out more things to do with my life. But similar to my experiences with my previously achieved goals, I know that I have to toil and work harder this time to achieve more things that I wanted in my life.

Of course, I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who helped me make the "impossible" possible.

As the "MIA" writer that I am, I would like to express my heartfelt thanks to my boss - my friend, Sandi for always finding it in her heart to understand my interesting predicament. Thank you for being a great boss, a friend and an inspiration for a struggling writer and mother like me. As it is, you're doing a great job on your own and I'd like to bring that positive attitude in my life.

As a stubborn sister, daughter and niece that I am, I would like to thank my family for the support and affection that consistently gave me strength to go through everything that is necessary to reach my goals. I am what I am because you guys helped me become what I am ... a winner!

As a reluctant, confused, dramatic, neurotic yet trying-to-be-the-coolest-young-hot-mother that I am, I would like to dedicate my achievements to my SON, my everything. This is just the start so NJ, just hang in for this will be quite a ride!

Lastly, I dedicate everything to my greatest inspiration... the never tiring and unconditional love and affection that you have bestowed upon me was what held me through it all. It is your love that SAVED my life and I promise to live out the most of the life that YOU gave me. Dear Lord, you are the greatest love I have seen in my life. My love for my son, my family and my loved one --- my love for them is a reflection of what you gave me. Thank you for teaching me everything I know now... and I look forward to the tests that you will give me. I am eternally grateful dear Lord, you've protected me from making wrong decisions, you enlightened me of the persons who have taken from me and hurt me. I pray to you for peace in mind and heart of every person's life I have touched, for every person who brought hurt and shame into my life, for the people who helped me and supported me... as I would hope to give them the same courtesy they have given me. Thank you for everything. I pray for my heartfelt thanks in Jesus' name.....AMEN

0 comments: