Monday, September 6, 2010

Solitude


Today, I have spent quality time with myself. I just realized that I am losing my balance at handling things and that maybe I am a little uptight about some things. So I went on a solo date with myself. I went to the cinema alone, dined and tested the menu of the Italian resto near my school, tried out some window shopping, debated on whether or not to cut my hair short…again. I was happy to have done those things, things that I used to do when I was single, when I had no obligations yet, when I was free in many ways. Trying to squeeze some Me-time in quite a hectic daily routine is difficult especially when you need to do many things... for the sake of responsibility and obligations. It’s not about whining. It’s just realizing that as I become busy of taking care of things, I often forgot to take care of Me. Sometimes, it is not a bad thing to do something selfish once in a while…as long as it keeps you happy, it keeps you sane and it makes you feel like YOURSELF under any strain. 

0 comments: