Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Taking Time


"Life is too short"
"You’re not getting any younger"
"What are you waiting for"

I sometimes feel guilty that I am procrastinating about certain things that I should do – with emphasis in “should” since I have certain responsibilities not only to myself but to the little boy who depend on me in every way. However, I rationalize by thinking that things really need time to get results. People may have their expectations about other people, but bottom line is that we are only responsible on how life will turn out for us. The truth is, I know what I want to do. Everything just takes time. I know a woman of my position do not have the privilege of choice to wait things out, but I am not waiting. believe it or not, I am doing something.  I was too eager to do great things in the past, so fired up that I will do something out of what I am, but look at where I ended up.

I gave up planning for the future a long time ago. Saves me from all the confusions. Saves me from all the frustrations. My mantra is take one day at a time. Knowing that I did something great each day makes me feel whole and with purpose. I may have spent a day watching movies after movies, but I did it while scanning the web for information I can use for whatever and while watching my son build a city out of egg cartons and papers and toys.

I may not have the drive that some people have, which explains their success in their endeavors. I may not have what it takes to become successful, but my success is not based on conventions. A long time ago, I have realized that life is a gift, going deep and learning small things from each day that passes makes me feel more alive. Then I imagine myself in an office, with piles of things to do and meetings to attend. I imagine myself climbing up the corporate ladder and taking trips to some other parts of the world – these are all inviting but will it make sense to me if I didn’t have the simplistic life I have now?

“Life is too short”
Then everything should make sense in life. Otherwise, what’s the point of living?

“You’re not getting any younger”
Age was never a measurement of success nor is it a limitation for things that man can do.

“What are you waiting for”
I am not waiting. I am doing something, no matter how slow or wrong or whatever it is. I make sense out of my life.

0 comments: