Saturday, March 19, 2011

Take Risks! Assert Yourself!

One status message in facebook actually caught me off-guard as it was so true. It said, most successful people have taken risks. Then I thought, I used to take risks so lightly like I never have anything to lose. However, those days seem to have passed me by. When I've so much to stake and so many complications to consider, I seem to have lost the courage to take the risks necessary for me to move on with my "contented and satisfyingly simple life". Then I thought, the road to success were more challenging with everything I have in tow...really challenging. Then again I thought, I have come to a point in my life where I used to believe that everything was tough, yet I survived. I thought those days were the "toughest" as of those I have faced before, but I survived. I guess my uncertainties in taking risks only keeps me from going further to what I can do and wherever I can still go. I guess I really have to really toughen up some more and grow thicker skin to really go further. I admit I am fearful of failure. Then I thought, again, tasting failure only got me more revved up to do better. Whatever lies ahead, I guess I just need to brace myself for whatever good or bad may happen. I have surprised myself many times at overcoming life's difficulties, I guess this new crossroad in my life will only give me more surprises of whatever I am still capable of doing, failing or achieving.

"Assert yourself..." this will be my new mantra. Hello world; here I go again!

0 comments: